AGES 5 - ADULT
Explore World History through exhibits and aircraft at The Museum of Aviation! Guided Tours are history-based tours led by trained staff from the Museum of Aviation Education Center.
You will also go inside the C-130 “Hercules” airplane for an Inside-an-aircraft experience. While inside the C-130 “Hercules,” you will watch a video on paratroopers and other missions performed by the C-130.
- Guided Tours last approximately 1.5 hours.
- The Guided Tour will include one or more buildings.
- The minimum number of students required for a tour is 20 and the maximum number is 90.
- Guided Tours are offered Tuesday – Saturday
- Fee: $3 per participant
GA STUDIES TOUR | 6th-12th Grade
This tour highlights our home-town WWII hero and accomplished author Robert L. Scott who was from Macon, Georgia. His adventurous life included achievements in scouting, an incredible military career, and the experience of walking the Great Wall of China.
The students will go inside the Lockheed-Martin C-130 Hercules Airplane for an inside-an-aircraft experience. Robins Air Force Base is a service depot for C-130s and students will learn of its history and how Paratroopers use this plane after being trained at Fort Benning, GA. A short video about the plane will be shown. The tour will end with a Scavenger Hunt activity.
- The Georgia Studies Tour lasts approximately 2 hours.
- The minimum number required for the tour is
- 25 students and the maximum is 75 students.
- Georgia Studies Tours are conducted Tuesday – Saturdays
- Fee: $5 per participant
Mission Quest Adult Team Building Program
The Mission Quest Team Building Program is an opportunity for you and your partners to plan and fly a mission in the Mission Quest Flight Simulation Lab. Mission success depends upon working together as a team for mutual support. The Aviation Team Building Program offers your organization the opportunity to engage in historical combat scenarios. Team members will fly state of the art B-1, C-17 and
F-15 flight simulators while working to complete specific team oriented goals. Live ATC will monitor your mission but you will have to plan it with your squadron.
No flight experience necessary.
Basic instruction includes:
- Situational awareness/ Science and technology
- Teamwork / Basic flight physics / Risk assessment
- Decision-making / Flight planning / Communications
- This 6 hour program must be scheduled in advance
- $75 per participant
STAT (STEM Training Academy for Teachers)
EDUCATORS & INTERNS
Home to Georgia’s only NASA Regional Educator Resource Center
K – 12 and University Educators: Programs are offered to educators and future educators. These programs provide free NASA materials, monthly STEM workshops, NASA online training opportunities, STEM conferences and intern opportunities to future educators.